Liberty Retreat

Welcome to our world.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday in a tree...

Sadly I missed a great picture today with Brian up in a Cedar that ended up too close to the house by the time we got around to that end of the deck. It was one of the largest Cedars near the house and we really didn't want to cut it down, but we just had to. We sent Brian up the tree to trim off a few branches on the house/leaning side of the tree while Sonny went to town to get another chainsaw bar. We wanted to make sure we could get the tree down before we started cutting and our bar was a little warped from use.

Charla and I cut the six foot boards for the deck floor while the guys finished up the decking structure. If not for the tree, they could have finished today on the deck, posts and floor joist. I called the day on account of my hunger. Tomorrow will start early and they think it will be completed by the time they have to go to work in Destin.

I hear Ken has a nice duplex a block off the beach this time, think when they go down, I at least will follow and enjoy an afternoon of beachin' it. I need to do a little shopping and info gathering as well. Lighting stores, flooring stores, and junk stores...here I come!


No comments:

Liberty Retreat

Liberty Retreat
Keeping it simply simple