Liberty Retreat

Welcome to our world.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

As of today...

The plumbing should be done today, inspection by thurs probably and our lumber for the flooring and decking will be delivered tomorrow morning around 9am!

That's the next big project... lay the floors, and screw on the decking... will take us I would guess 2 weeks? No I won't take bets... less of course you make it worth my while... ie, the promise of sunshine, warm days, longer daylight hours and little or no rain for that 2 weeks. Ok so... any takers?

I hope to be planting some fruits and nut trees soon. Brian and I will start working on the first raised plant bed so I can get the onions planted. The garlic and strawberries Charla and I planted a few weeks ago are growing so well! It's time to hang our strawberry sock up, something I've never used before. Makes for a hanging flat basket that can hang on post or tree as in my case. I wanted to see how well they did if I hung them along the fencing that will go from the drive to the house.

Speaking of... I want it to get warmer so Charla and I can start building that said fence... and work on the drive since the trucks and such and the sceptic guy didn't do us any favors.

I will have to create a sign that reads: "This is a circle drive..." or rather name it ourselves....? What would you name it? The delivery guys try turning around... and that isn't so easy to do yet. If I can catch them I tell them that it is a circle drive and it will make it easy to just drive around. Besides I need them to pack it down while I rake it out and level it.

? Circle Drive... Heavenly comes to mind, as does Peaceful... or Quiet: Circle Drive... to be taken literally of course...lol

I'm excited to see the deck done... it's gonna be HUGE! Biggest deck in the county I'd bet! I would say state but that would be competing with the likes of Mr. Trump and well, I'm no Rosie! ;)

Ok.. gotta figure out what to feed three hungry cold bears.... I'm sure one of them will fill you in on their day...

No comments:

Liberty Retreat

Liberty Retreat
Keeping it simply simple