Liberty Retreat

Welcome to our world.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Trusses Part One


I showed up on property today and Sonny and John were already planning and laying tools out. Sonny had to go to the lumber place to get 1x4s and 2x4s for bracing. Meanwhile John and I carried 11 trusses up to building one and hung them across the walls. 30' trusses aren't light, though they weren't as heavy as I thought they'd be either. The end truss, is slightly shorter but with more supporting boards is also a tad heavier. After putting bracing in place, John and I tried to put it up (Sonny was still at the lumber place) and it came down on us. Neither one of us was hurt too much. But it was enough for us to realize we should wait for Sonny. After he arrived and a brief break for food. We proceeded to put up the trusses. We got 8 up in all. Was a little nerve racking and I was happy that neither one of them have an issue with heights. I got to keep my feet mostly, firmly planted on the floor (as you can tell by the pictures) while they played on the ladders. It was slow going at first, but we got into a groove. Dea, Charla and Norma (John's wife) were big helps as well. They made the process much easier.

No comments:

Liberty Retreat

Liberty Retreat
Keeping it simply simple