Liberty Retreat

Welcome to our world.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

New birds and Blue birds

New birds, Blue birds, my house is a bird santuary.


Momma Bird all nested behind the tool pouch which sits on a shelf we have on the back porch. Needless to say we have stayed away from the shelf as much as possible. Today I went out to check and she has at least 5 little birds in the nest with her.

I had to zoom in so I didn't get too close.

We bought some suet for them yesterday, and hung it in a tree near by.



We also have a family of Blue birds that tried to build a nest on the post tops in the front of the house, though there was only a few inches at most for them to sit. Sonny bought some birdhouses from a guy locally and mounted them on the posts so the birds could use them. I gathered up the pine needles they were using and had dropped from the posts and stuffed them in the mouth of the house. Same day, that Blue bird couple moved right in and now are nesting. I haven't yet been able to catch them with my camera, but I will before they are done.



I have to keep the stray little cats away, so far they have not bothered the birds on the shelf, but Fluffy has noticed the Blue birds a few times and I've chased her away. Darkling sits on one of the bar chairs and sleeps, so I guess she doesn't mind them being there. I keeps watch.



No comments:

Liberty Retreat

Liberty Retreat
Keeping it simply simple