Liberty Retreat

Welcome to our world.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Woowhoo, we got the porch done!

The east side porch enclosure finished. The west side is soon to follow.
We really like the enclosure, it adds to the stature of the house and gives us more living space. Once we get it screened in, the cats will be in heaven! I'm thinking of putting my studio on this end since it has wonderful morning light by the time I get my day started, which in case you don't know me very well, isn't until 10am. It takes me a bit to get around in the mornings.

Plants I gathered to make new starts already adorn the porch. We are thinking of of making flower boxes along the exterior of the porch with trailing plants and flowers and probably some herbs and a few veggies here and there. Personally I can already invision Moonflowers glowing brightly in the night.
It will look really nice once we get it screened. Next we will have to work on the underpinning of the house. We have a few ideas in mind, just haven't decided exactly what we will use. We are open to ideas if you want to throw a few our way. I'm considering sheet metal, individual slates to simulate louvers, solid panels, or rock.

No comments:

Liberty Retreat

Liberty Retreat
Keeping it simply simple