Liberty Retreat

Welcome to our world.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

A sad day...we are alone... oh no!...

Sonny's brother Ken went home today, as well as my brother George and my Dad. I was sad to see George and Dad go when they left our house last night. I missed saying goodbye to Kenny, but he will be back, in fact, I have no doubt they will all be back... if nothing else but to fix our mistakes that we left alone will surely make.

George and Dad worked for 3 days and got most of the house wired. At least the part we plan to live in is complete with the access easy to get to on the other side where we will be storing most of our things. I am amazed at the neatness and quickness George can wire a house. I'm so proud of him! I'm also so very glad that I convinced him to become an electrician 13 years ago when he got out of the Army. I think he is a natural. I would have love having him in my shop 13 years ago.

We would like to thank everyone, especially Kenny, who helped design and build and without which we would have been in one of the modular things probably. His expertise is amazing and anyone in or around Michigan who needs some remodeling done or other projects, we would be happy to pass along his info.
Thanks to our dear friends, Brian and Charla who put a whole lot of sweat and hammering into the construction as well as daily support by sharing with us their house, food, showers, and internet connection.

Thank you as well, John and Norma! They also shared with us, their home, their showers and fed us when we first arrived. They too toiled with us and their help is much appreciated and we have truly been enjoying being close enough to spend time together with them both.

It has been such a joy building this house with everyone. It is indeed a pleasure to look upon it and know it was built by our families hands, experience and love. We thank you all and return our love, our good wishes and gratitude.

Sonny & Dea
Pictures coming along after this post.

No comments:

Liberty Retreat

Liberty Retreat
Keeping it simply simple